info@redtrouserday.com

Latest News

Raising Money for Bowel Cancer Research in Suffolk & London

The statistics are working against us with more and more people being diagnosed with Bowel Cancer. All cancer diagnoses are staged 1,2,3 or 4. Stages 1 and 2 carry 90% chance of a full recovery, Stages 3 and 4 move you into a very high risk zone with a 10% chance of survival. Since the pandemic, bowel cancer detection rates have been running at 50/50 on Stages 1 and 2 to Stages 3 and 4 and the UK government has set a goal of moving that needle to 75/25 by 2028.

Red Trouser Day is supporting that target by focussing on research for early detection and  diagnosis. We have three projects under review:

  • Simulation training tools for medial students, primary care, junior doctors and GP’s using haptic (touch) and AI imaging (visual) in partnership with Imperial College
  • A study on AI being used to triage colorectal biopsies, to support more accurate patient diagnosis and help set priorities and eradicate delays, in partnership with Ipswich Hospital
  • A trial using AI to distinguish between tumour deposits and lymph nodes, to enable more meaningful prognostic information for patients in partnership with Imperial College

These projects do require substantial funding and with Red Trouser Day acting as a “pump primer”, with your help we can get these projects to the next stage.

Other dates for your diary:

Date/Time Event Booking Link
20th May 2024 7:00 pm Ipswich 41 Club Speaker Members Only
23rd May, 1:00 pm Seckford Hall Ramble or Golf Day, Suffolk https://redtrouserday.com/seckford
3rd June, 6.30 pm Steve’s Singalong at the Eltham Bar & Grill https://redtrouserday.com/steves-singalong
8th & 9th June, 2:00 – 6:00 pm Grundisburgh Hidden Gardens, Bramley Cottage Pimms on the lawn Turn up in Grundisburgh Suffolk and buy a ticket on the day
17th July Annual Founders Curry Night, Sitara, London N19 https://redtrouserday.com/curry2024
12 Sept 10.30 am – 8:00 pm Farleigh Golf or Ramble Day; guest dinner speaker Tom Ilube Chairman RFU https://redtrouserday.com/golf-2024
16th Nov, 10:00 am Guided Art Tour at the Tate Modern Details Coming soon
TBA City of London Guided Walk Details Coming soon
TBA Tour of Oxford Colleges Details Coming soon

Become a friend for £10/month https://redtrouserday.com/friend/

Please help us to help thousands of people avoid life changing treatment.

Red Trouser Day is a volunteer Charity with an independent community of patients, volunteers & clinicians improving outcomes through research into the prevention, early diagnosis and cure of colorectal cancer.

Key Charity Goals

  • 95% of all funds raised (excluding event costs) go to sponsor research
  • A focus on clinical research for prevention and earlier diagnosis
  • Patient advocacy in support of our research objectives
  • A self-sustaining community of patients, supporters, clinicians & researchers

For more information go to https://redtrouserday.com

Post a comment