The Red Trouser Day Bursary 2022
The RTD is a UK cancer charity set up with the aim of eliminating colorectal cancer.
To further this objective, we are pleased to announce the 2022 RTD Bursary competition. The bursary is intended to fund researchers who might otherwise not be in a position to complete their work due to insufficient funds. It is open to postgraduate / PhD students world-wide working in the medical fields.
Criteria for the award
The bursary is open to any postgraduate/PhD student in a recognised University or higher education establishment whose research work is focussed on or can contribute towards early-stage colorectal (bowel) cancer detection. Applicants must be able to show that their intended, or ongoing work fulfils this objective.
We will require the following information when assessing applications for potential funding:
- An abstract of your intended research, your goals, aims and methodology
- A breakdown of how you envisage the funding will used for your research (e.g., equipment / travel to conferences / accommodation etc)
- Your CV, including relevant experience, papers published (if any), conferences attended etc
- How you see the potential results of your research will further the aim of eliminating cancer
- Letter(s) of support from project supervisor(s) or other relevant academic or clinical professionals.
Value of bursary
The 2022 application deadline for the RTD bursary is the 30th June 2022.
All submissions should be emailed to the RTD at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details can be found by visiting our website.
The trustees will evaluate the submissions after this deadline, and applicants can expect to hear the outcome within a month of the deadline.
We will agree a payment plan and any receipts / proof of work progress as maybe required throughout the project. We will require and expect to receive progress updates throughout the project as maybe agreed from time to time. We will also require any successful applicant to use the RTD website as a forum to promote and explain their work and results.
Note: We reserve the right to not award the bursary should it be decided that there are no applicants that fulfil the necessary criteria.